Makes 2 parfaits
- * 3/4 cup buckwheat (soaked overnight in water, rinsed and drained)
- * 1/2 cup cashews (soaked overnight in water, rinsed and drained)
- * 2 frozen bananas
- * 1 tsp vanilla extract
- * 1/2 cup coconut milk
- * 1 cup blueberries
- * 1/2 cup black currants
- * 1 tsp acai powder (optional)
- * Extra berries and mint for decorating (I used leftover brownie crumble too)
- 1.) Rinse your soaked buckwheat well, until the water runs clear and the sticky residue is removed. Rinse your cashews too.
- 2.) Add rinsed buckwheat, cashews, frozen bananas, vanilla extract and coconut milk to your blender and blend until smooth. You want it to be thick but pourable, so add a little water if you need to.
- 3.) Pour the mixture into your glasses until 3/4 full. To the remaining mix in the blender, add blueberries, black currants and acai powder and blend until smooth.
- 4.) Top up your jars with the purple mix and decorate with more berries, brownie crumble and mint.
Below are some provided benefits of blueberries from Dr. Axe:
Top 7 Health Benefits of Blueberries
After learning about the nutritional facts of blueberries, I’m sure you can see how challenging it was to narrow down the top health benefits of blueberries to just seven. But after some extensive research, I feel pretty confident that this list does the mighty purple fruit justice!
1. Combat aging
2. Boost the Brain
3. Fight Cancer
4. Support Digestion
5. Promote Heart Health
6. Benefit the Skin
7. Aid Weight Loss
To read furtther, visit the full article to gain much more information as to how these 7 benefits are possible.