Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Serves: 2 bowls
Maple roasted chickpeas
- * 1 can chickpeas
- * 2 tsp olive oil
- * ½ tsp salt
- * ¼ tsp cinnamon
- * 1 tbsp maple syrup
- * pinch of cayenne pepper
- * 1 medium sweet potato
- * ½ cup quinoa
- * 1 avocado, sliced
- * ½ cup purple cabbage, shredded
- * 1 cup spinach
- 1) Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- 2) Drain your can of chickpeas, and place them on a baking tray. Using paper towel, pat completely dry.
- 3) Add your olive oil, salt, cinnamon, maple syrup, cayenne pepper, and toss together.
- 4) Place in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 5) Slice your sweet potatoes in circles, and place them in on a separate baking tray. Place your sweet potatoes in the oven with your chickpeas.
- 6) Remove the sweet potatoes after 15 minutes. They will need less time than your chickpeas!
- 7) Cook quinoa according to package directions. Set aside.
- 8) To assemble your bowl, place spinach on the bottom, and top with shredded cabbage, quinoa, sliced avocado, sweet potato, and chickpeas.
- 9) Top with your favourite dressing or enjoy on its own.