PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 10 mins
TOTAL TIME: 20 mins
- * ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- * ¼ cup almond flour
- * 1 tbsp ground flax seed (substitute with 1.5 tbsp Chia seeds soaked in water)
- * 1 cup almond milk
- * 2 tbsp agave syrup
- * 2 tsp baking powder
- * ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- * 1 tsp vanilla extract
- * a pinch of fine sea salt
- 1.) First we make our "egg substitute flax egg"
- 2.) Put the flax seed (or alternately the Chia seeds) in a small bowl and whisk together with ⅓ of the almond milk
- 3.) Set aside to thicken for 10 minutes
- 4.) Combine all dry ingredients with the salt and set aside
- 5.) To the flax egg add the agave syrup, applesauce, and the rest of the milk.
- 6.) Combine the dry and wet mixtures until smooth and until you get the lumps out of the batter
- 7.) Place in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- 8.) Heat the oil in a small pan | medium heat.
- 9.) When the pan´s hot enough, start frying your pancakes by using approx. two tbsp. of the dough for one Pancake.( Tip: Use an Icecream scoop!!)
- 10.) Fry for about 2-3 Minutes or when bubbles appear. Flip over!
- 11.) For the Toppings, simply slice half of the banana and decorate
- 12.) Finally, top your pancakes with as much chocolate spread as you like. (Nutella Spread from the Vanilla Crunch Ebook)