This easy and healthy Greek avocado chicken salad is chock-full of hearty and flavorful ingredients like sun dried tomatoes, olives, onions, avocado, feta cheese, and a creamy herb dressing to die for.
- 2-4 cups shredded chicken
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup halved kalamata olives
- 1 12-ounce jar julienned sun dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and gently rinsed
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (toasted, optional)
- 1/3 cup olive oil extra virgin recommended
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt I use 0% fat
- 1/4 cup reduced fat mayo may sub extra Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried dill or 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar white wine vinegar recomended
- juice of 1/2 lemon
In a jar or bowl, combine all dressing ingredients. Whisk until well blended and set aside.
In a large bowl combine all salad ingredients. Pour dressing over the top, then toss well to combine. Serve immediately or cover tightly and store chilled up to 3 days.